An Elf Freebie & T-Shirt Goodness

Franklin's here! Franklin's here!  He surprised us by showing up this morning.  I try to not do too much holiday stuff until the last two weeks before our break.   I find that as soon as I acknowledge Christmas is coming, my kids starting getting a little nutty.

I'm going to put up this sign:
And let the kids put post it notes underneath about classmates they've seen behaving nicely.  Also, I was obsessed with these elf legs from KPM Doodles and needed a reason to buy them.  So, it's a win-win.

You can download the sign in an 8.5x11 or 11x17 (get it printed at Office Max/Depot for $1.50!) from my TPT store.  Obviously, you may not have an elf named Franklin.  I put it in an editable PowerPoint with instructions on how to change the name.

Here's our Franklin:
He's hanging out with some of Skippy Jon Jones' friends.  Do you notice the cards that showed up randomly during the day?  He's a popular guy.

Switching gears . . . .
I teach at an awesome school.  One of the many things I love it about it is Spirit Day.  Every Friday we wear jeans and a school shirt.  I love me some jeans days.  Anyway, I wanted a long sleeve school shirt.  So I ordered one of my favorite t-shirts from Lands End, whipped up a little magic on my Silhouette, and ended up with this:



I used heat transfer vinyl from Vinyl Expressions.  It's hard to tell, but it's actually a very pretty metallic silver.
It was super easy to use.  (FYI-This is not a commercial for anything.)  I actually thought it cut even better than regular vinyl.  The letters for my school name were pretty small, and it was a curly font.  Not always a good mix.  You definitely need one of those weeder thingies that look like something a dentist would have.  You can get two out of a single 12x12 sheet of heat transfer vinyl.  $2 to personalize a shirt is pretty awesome.

Have a great weekend!